Built in 1902 by merchant Georg Nielsen, drawn by master painter Bruun. Originally contained a grocery, bank, print shop as well as apartments and telephone station.
The building almost filled the gap between the two corner buildings and the town square started to look like a moderne town.
The building is inspired by the classic Greek architecture with columns and decorations. Significantly many of the decorations refer to Mercury, the Roman god of commerce.
Even the ceiling of the gateway is embellished with stucco symbolising Mercury and commerce.
Only visible from the outside
Of architectural interest